One of the great works of modern historical writing, the classic account of the ideas, people, and politics that led to the Bolshevik Revolution. Edmund Wilson's To the Finland Station is intellectual history on a grand scale, full of romance, idealism, intrigue, and conspiracy, that traces the revolutionary ideas that shaped the modern world from the French Revolution up through Lenin's arrival at Finland Station in St.
Petersburg in And in Wilson's telling, their stories and their ideas remain as alive, as provocative, as relevant now as they were in their own time.
To the Finland Station
See All Customer Reviews. Shop Books.
- To the Finland Station - Wikipedia.
- Out of the Pocket?
- Calculus of Finite Differences in Quantum Electrodynamics.
- The Genesis of young Ottoman Thought: A Study in the Modernization of Turkish Political Ideas.
- From the Finland Station | by George Lichtheim | The New York Review of Books.
- A Study in the Acting and Writing of History?
- Schools Must Speak for Themselves: The Case for School Self-Evaluation (Whats in It for Schools).
Add to Wishlist. USD Sign in to Purchase Instantly. Overview One of the great works of modern historical writing, the classic account of the ideas, people, and politics that led to the Bolshevik Revolution Edmund Wilson's To the Finland Station is intellectual history on a grand scale, full of romance, idealism, intrigue, and conspiracy, that traces the revolutionary ideas that shaped the modern world from the French Revolution up through Lenin's arrival at Finland Station in St.
Product Details About the Author. About the Author Edmund Wilson — was among the foremost American men of letters of the twentieth century. A literary critic, novelist, memoirist, playwright, journalist, poet, and editor, he was the author of more than twenty books. Average Review.
Write a Review. Related Searches.
View Product. Canvas, Zagajewski's second book to appear in English, features all of this poet's distinctive traits.
In these sixty-one poems, syntax explodes, masses of detail spill from profuse catalogs, lines break in ways apt but unexpected, and compressed lyrics alternate with Essence and Alchemy: A Book of Perfume. An artisan perfumer reveals a lost art and its mysterious, sensual history. Submit Feedback. Thank you for your feedback.fliclatoni.tk
TO THE FINLAND STATION by Edmund Wilson | Kirkus Reviews
See Article History. This article was most recently revised and updated by Kathleen Kuiper , Senior Editor. Learn More in these related Britannica articles:. His next major book, To the Finland Station , was a historical study of the thinkers who laid the groundwork for socialism and the Russian Revolution of Much of these two books originally appeared in the pages of The New Republic. Until late in he was a….
Socialism , social and economic doctrine that calls for public rather than private ownership or control of property and natural resources. According to the socialist view, individuals do not live or work in isolation but live in cooperation with one another. Furthermore, everything that people produce is in some sense a…. Russian Revolution , two revolutions in , the first of which, in February March, New Style , overthrew the imperial government and the second of which, in October November , placed the Bolsheviks in power.
- The Thyroid: Fine-Needle Biopsy and Cytological Diagnosis of Thyroid Lesions (Monographs in Clinical Cytology)!
- Ball of fire : the tumultuous life and comic art of Lucille Ball?
- Letters: To the Finland Station for Boris as Ken goes off the tracks | Politics | The Guardian;
- The Gardener & the Grill: The Bounty of the Garden Meets the Sizzle of the Grill?
- To the Finland Station | critical and historical study by Wilson | lylykifo.tk;